What exactly is AFFILIATE MARKETING?
Affiliate marketing is one of the oldest forms of marketing wherein you refer someone to any online product and when that person buys the product based on your recommendation, you receive a commission.
Many online companies who sell all kind of products usually offer an affiliate program. You can simply sign up for the program and get your unique tracking link. Now, whenever you are writing about their product, you can simply use this special tracking affiliate link to recommend the company’s site. If your readers or visitors of site buy anything, you will get a commission. You can use also banners, and other marketing methods to promote these products.
Here are few common terms used in affiliate marketing:
- What means Affiliates: Publishers like you and me who are using affiliate program links to promote and make sales.
- What is Affiliate marketplace: There are many marketplaces like Cashnetwork, Amazon, Clickbank, PeerFly and many more. These marketplaces work as databases for affiliate programs in different niches, each specializes more on some different direction.
- What is Affiliate software: Software used by companies to create an affiliate program for their product.
- What means Affiliate link: Special tracking link offered by your affiliate program to track the progress of your affiliate promotion.
- Affiliate ID: Similar to the affiliate link, but many affiliate programs offer a unique ID which you can add to any page of the product site.
- Commission percentage/amount: The amount or percentage you will be receiving in affiliate income from every sale.
- Sub-affiliate commissions. Similar as in MLM – you recommend that others join affiliate programs, and you receive a commission when a sub-affiliate makes a sale.
- Landing pages: A unique product sales or demo page.
There are many more terms what we use in affiliate marketing but these are the most used ones.